General Club Rules
- Treat all firearms as though they are loaded.
- Do not point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- Know your target and what is beyond it.
- No firearms may be discharged outside of designated shooting areas.
- Designated shooting areas are defined as anywhere inside the berm of the west rifle range, anywhere within three berms of a pistol bay, and the trap range.
- Firearms must be unloaded with actions or breeches open when removed from vehicles in the parking area and may not be loaded until within a shooting area.
- No alcohol allowed on club grounds.
- No horse play on the firing line.
- Management is required to remove anyone thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- No one under the age of 18 may shoot on the range without an adult over 18 present.
- Keep the range clean. Clean up after yourself.
- Eye protection must be worn at all times by anyone on the range. Ear protection is highly recommended. Anyone under 18 years of age must wear ear and eye protection.
- Vandalism of club property will result in expulsion and prosecution.
Rifle Range Rules
- Rifles, muzzleloaders, pistols, and shotguns firing slugs may be used on the rifle range.
- No shooting of less than 50 yards is allowed on the rifle range. If you need to get on paper with a rifle use the pistol bay.
- Guns must be unloaded and actions or breech open when people are downrange. Do not handle firearms while anyone is downrange and back away from your bench or firing position.
- No spectators down range of firing positions.
- Only paper or steel targets may be shot on the rifle range. No steel target may be shot with a rifle from a distance of less than 100 yards. Exploding targets such as Tannerite are not allowed.
- All shots must impact the berm or steel target.
- Do not shoot at junkyard targets such as cans or jugs.
- No .50 BMG may be fired on the rifle range.
Pistol Bay Rules
- Pistols, rifles and shotguns may be used in the pistol bays.
- All shots must impact a berm.
- All shooting must take place within the berms. No shooting from any position uprange of the side berms in any bay.
- Paper and stationary clay targets may be shot with pistols, rifles, or shotguns.
- Stationary steel targets may only be shot with pistols or pistol caliber rifles (such as 9mm AR’s). The plate rack and other falling steel targets may be shot with pistols and shotguns.
- Do not shoot steel with a rifle in the pistol bays. First violation of this rule will result in the shooter reimbursing the club for the cost of a new steel plate. A second violation will result in expulsion from the club.
- Do not handle firearms while anyone is downrange.
Trap Range Rules
- Only shotguns may be fired on the trap range.
- Only shot shells may be fired on the trap range. Slugs are forbidden.
- Shotguns must be open and unloaded when moving to the next station.
- No more than one shell per target in the gun.
- No spectators in the shooting field.
- No spectators beyond the 27 yard line.
- All contestants and spectators should wear ear and eye protection.